Monday, January 27, 2020

I briefly donned the role of a Hindu Wedding Priest!...



VIDEO:

Once in North India, I briefly donned the role of a Hindu Wedding Priest, by rendering the most important Wedding Mantra of South India - ‘Mangalya Dharana Mantra’!.... as the Bridegroom adorns the Mangala Sutram literally meaning ‘an auspicious thread’ around the bride’s neck with three knots. 
This ceremony is very central and most important part of a Wedding in South India. As I pronounced the Mantra I explained the meaning of it in English to the Bridegroom, the Bride and the gathering.  
You can read about this Mantra in the poster at the very top and listen to the Mantra in the video just above this article.
This was a great responsibility given to me. I am happy and ever grateful for this extraordinary opportunity. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy World Book Day!

  Today, 23rd April is World Book Day. World Book Day is a special event celebrated globally to promote the joys of reading and the value of...