Wednesday, November 28, 2018

MY 1300TH BLOG POST CELEBRATION!


With a lot of enthusiasm and excitement, I posted my 1300th blog post titled –  "The Heart of Twin Cities as seen from East and West"  on 25th November. Reaching this milestone has made me very happy and I celebrated this achievement with my family at home and at a restaurant yesterday, 27th November. The attached pictures are of this celebration.
After I posted my first article to this blog site on 20th April 2009, I sent an email to my family, friends, and relatives as follows: “Hi! Everyone, I have just started blogging under the title: ‘Raghu’s column!’ I strongly wish and hope I would find time to contribute regularly to this column on wide-ranging topics: My views, memoirs, parties, forthcoming events, local issues/news, family announcements and many more topics. Please visit https://srisrilara.blogspot.com/ from time to time, please read my articles and post your comment for me and others to benefit”.
At the time when I began blogging, I never thought I would reach a figure of 1300 blog posts. As events came up and ideas, thoughts, and memories sprang to my mind I kept writing as and when possible and in these 9 years and 7 months (3506 days), I have posted 1300 articles with well over 13,000 photographs.
My youngest son and a nephew with his family who are abroad and similarly a number of my friends, relatives and ex-colleagues who are all far away are very happy to read my posts on current events of Hyderabad and those concerning me and our family. And the blog is serving as a ready reckoner for me, our family and friends over various subjects related to us and I presume it is helping a large number of other visitors reaching my blog in search of information.
With a modest number of registered followers but a very large number of unregistered regular followers and hundreds of random visitors to my blog, there have been 1,672,000 pageviews so far, from every nook and corner of the world. Actual pageviews are more than double of 1,672,000…that means around 4 million pageviews! because many computers these days have complex firewall protection which does not allow Blogger to register their pageviews.
My passion for writing, the encouragement I receive and the blog statistics constantly encourage me to contribute more. So, I wish to continue blogging as long as possible, as I am thoroughly enjoying this hobby.
For new readers and occasional readers of my blog, I would like to explain how to reach any of my articles. If you remember the title of any of my articles even partially, all that you have to do is Google Search by typing - Raghu’s column followed by the title in full or part as you remember.  To read any further posts…on every opening page of any blog post of mine, on the opening page you will find on the right side of the page a heading – “Blog Archive”, under Blog Archive you will find the number of posts contributed by me year wise and by clicking on the year it will expand to month wise and by clicking on the month you can see the titles of all my blog posts written in that month.
Finally, I would like to sincerely thank all my family, friends, fans and readers of my blog for their interest and support.
And here below are pictures of the celebration of my 1300th blog:















Here are snapshots of all my 1300-blog posts!:
























No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy World Book Day!

  Today, 23rd April is World Book Day. World Book Day is a special event celebrated globally to promote the joys of reading and the value of...