Saturday, May 7, 2016

Happy Mother’s Day!

To all Moms in my facebook circle and among my blog followers ‘A Very Happy Mother’s Day’ and wish that their families continue to extend abundant love and care to them forever:

Here is an article I wrote five years ago on Mother’s Day, conveying my greetings to my mother who was 91 years old then:

“Mathru Devo Bhava,
Pithru Devo Bhava”.
This Sanskrit Sloka means:
Revere your mother as GOD,
Revere your father as GOD.
The photographs in my blog post dated 7th May 2011, the link to which is towards the end of this article are of my mother who was 91 years old and the greetings therein are for her on the occasion of Mother’s Day. The concept of celebrating Mother’s Day is new to our country and gradually it is becoming very popular. We have many festivals and celebrations in India but none to thank mother for all that she does for us. The importance of mother in anyone’s life is so great that she is equivalent to GOD – “Mathru Devo Bhava”. We naturally love and respect her every day but do not have a specific day to celebrate and honour her; for taking care of us even at the ripe old age of 91, and thank her. Now with this Western culture of celebrating Mother’s Day coming into our lives; it has become a significant day for us too, to express our gratitude to mother and say a big THANK YOU for all that she does for us and make her as happy as possible.
“Ya Devi Sarva-Bhooteshu Mathru-Roopena SamsthitaNamastasyai Namastasyai Namastasyai Namo Namaha”. This Sanskrit Sloka means “Salutations to the Divine Mother, who art manifest in every being’s existence as MOTHER. I worship thee, over and over and over again”.
Happy Mother’s Day!
You may reach my subject blog post by clicking on the following link:
I miss my mother; she passed away two years ago at the age of 94:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where Have the Birds Gone, from Srilekha?

Where have the birds gone, from Srilekha? Their wings, once vibrant, are now silent in flight, The birdbaths, forlorn, yearn for their c...