Sunday, May 4, 2014

Remembering Actress Audrey Hepburn (1929-1993), from my School Days.


Today’s pink Google doodle of Audrey Hepburn reminds me of this great actress and her movies, especially “My Fair Lady”, which I have seen many times… the first time, our School took us to the movie. Not just our Class but most of the students of our School, whose strength at that time was around 3600, in batches. And I remember it happened with most Schools in the Twin Cities of Hyderabad and Secunderabad. And thereafter I saw most of her popular movies like Roman Holiday, Breakfast at Tiffany’s, War and Peace, Wait until dark, Sabrina, Funny Face, Charade, Robin and Marian, Two for the road, as far as I can remember now.

Audrey Hepburn was the movie's best-loved star, blessed with beauty, talent, elegant sophistication, and an enduring aura of youthful innocence. And as Goodwill Ambassador for UNICEF, she spoke for the world’s suffering children and families, earning affection and admiration that only increased with news of her untimely death.

Here are two video clippings from this memorable and evergreen movie “My Fair Lady”, the first video shows her as a flower girl speaking English in a crude accent and the second video shows her as a highly sophisticated lady, with another great actor Sir Rex Harrison. After seeing these videos, I am sure; you… the younger generation too would begin to admire her:






No comments:

Post a Comment

Shri Ram Janmbhoomi Temple Stamps Table Top/Wall Hanging Souvenir from INDIA POST!

This is a unique addition to our family’s Stamp Collection (starting from the 1930s!), a FRAMED Shri Ram Janmbhoomi Temple Stamps  Table Top...