Wednesday, October 6, 2010

JGW 2010, scales new heights!

I posted an article on 21st Sep. titled “Joy of Giving Week – 2010, Sep. 26th to Oct. 2nd”, explaining about this “Festival of Giving” which was started in 2009. Link:
And in that article I made a request to the visitors and regular readers of my blog to follow the JGW 2010 program and contribute whatever they can to any service oriented institute or suffering individuals. I have just now received information that this year’s JGW program had greater participation. Officially the program has raised over Rs. 20 Crores in cash and kind but I know that lakhs of people who have come to know of “Joy of Giving Week” through media, internet and hoardings would have contributed a substantial amount by individually helping people in their areas.
I hope my blog served this purpose though in a very small way. Thanks to one and all for participating and bringing comfort and smiles to the needy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy World Book Day!

  Today, 23rd April is World Book Day. World Book Day is a special event celebrated globally to promote the joys of reading and the value of...