Monday, July 12, 2010

Spain Wins World Cup 2010!

Yesterday, Spain has beaten the Netherlands, 1-0 in extra time, to win its first World Cup football title. Andres Iniesta was the big hero for Spain. The Barcelona midfielder collected a sliding pass from substitute Cesc Fabregas and shot the ball past Dutch goalkeeper Maarten Stekelenburg in the 116th minute of extra time. Spain lost its opening match with Switzerland on 16th June but thereafter it played excellent football to become world champions. You may follow the You Tube link I am providing here to witness this final and most important goal of World Cup 2010:
It was a month full of football entertainment. I did miss some of the midnight matches or have seen them partially. In such cases I always watched the highlights the next day. I kept tab on all matches and maintained a progress report. And I thoroughly enjoyed World Cup football. My prediction of winners of various matches was not always correct. When the World Cup matches commenced I mostly went by media reports and was expecting some other country to win the World Cup. My list consisted of six probable winners some of whom got routed quite early in the tournament and Spain was not in this list of winners. And in yesterday’s Final match I went by the prediction of Paul the psychic Octopus and supported Spain. I am happy that Spain has won, Paul has won and I have won!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where Have the Birds Gone, from Srilekha?

Where have the birds gone, from Srilekha? Their wings, once vibrant, are now silent in flight, The birdbaths, forlorn, yearn for their c...